We urge the Government and Parliament to introduce the following concrete measures immediately:
• Implement the proposals and assessments from the governmental biogas market inquiry (Biogasmarknadsutredningen).
• Develop the Green Gas Concept.
• Reinforce differentiation in shipping tariffs based on environmental considerations and apply fund solutions to stimulate environmental and climate measures.
• Promote a global price on climate emissions.
We can also see the need for new strategies and working
methods within the political sphere:
• A national strategy is needed to improve the availability
of renewable gases to industry.
• Sweden’s planning of the electricity and gas infrastructure needs to take place on a collective basis.
• A plan of action is needed for Sweden as a net exporter within the circular bioeconomy.
• Climate policy measures need to be evaluated from a broader sustainability perspective.