Ericsson takes a holistic approach to climate action and uses its carbon footprint to set targets within the whole value chain.
The Company has set targets on:
– Its supply chain: Ericsson will engage with around 350 of its high emitting and strategic suppliers to set their own 1.5°C aligned climate targets by 2025.
– Its own operations: Ericsson has set a carbon neutral target for direct operations by 2030 (scope 1 and 2).
– Its own activities: The Company has a 1.5°C-aligned SBT for its activities (including fleet vehicles, facility energy usage, product transport and business travel) to reduce emissions by 35% in 2022 against a 2016 baseline.
– Ericsson has a 1.5°C aligned SBT for its products with 35% energy saving in Ericsson Radio System (ERS) by 2022 versus the legacy portfolio in 2016.
– Ericsson will strive to ensure that the 5G product portfolio shall be ten times more energy efficient (per transferred data) than current 4G by 2022.Läs mer om Ericssons klimatarbete (sid 196)